Saturday 6 September 2014

4D3N Youth Cadet Camp ( Kadet Remaja Sekolah )

Saturday 6 September 2014
It has been awhile since I last updated my blog. I was just back from a 4D3N camp by the beach at Pantai Pasir Lanun two days ago. Gawd you cannot imagine the glowing smile on my face and the merry soul of mine when I am finally back to my dorm! It is true that one will never learn to appreciate the things around them until they have been through worse. Yes the camp was unbearable, and you will soon learn to know why. 

We all arrived safely at the campsite
Pasir Lanun Beach

kadet remaja sekolah
Setting up our own tents

This is my tent. 

ub kem
Youth Cadet campsite

We were lucky to have a food and drink stall just in front of our campsite. A bowl of cold dessert is always best in a hot weather.  
Catching light

ub kem
Recycle! 

Tranquil

We were not allowed to play in the waters without a life jacket. Ouch. 

Morning exercise

We all went jungle trekking on the 3rd day.


    Actually the camp activities were not that agonizing, they were actually quite enjoyable. We learnt to set up tents, make our own gadgets out of wood and bamboo, in short, we had quite a lot of fun. The only two factors that made this camp experience less pleasant was the toilet and no sleep. If you were lucky enough, you get to sleep for 4 hours in a night. If not, you will be grateful already for a 10 minutes nap.

This were the bathrooms and toilets we, about a hundred teachers, ladies and gents shared throughout the camp. 
The bathrooms and toilets are poorly maintained, most of them are barely usable. They reek of  human waste and were so filthy that each time I bath, I had to fight with the urge to throw up. So I had a good long shower when I am back!

    I am so glad that the camp is finally over. The best part is, we were all granted the title 'Lieutenant'  at the end of the camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aly's Blog © 2014