Wednesday 18 April 2012

Culinary Art Exam

Wednesday 18 April 2012
So I have completed my culinary art exam this morning, thus, my nervousness is finally brought to a halt.
From oriental  table setting  to menu card design to water-lily napkin folding to preparing the selected dishes, I did it all by myself. :D

Hey mummy ! I can cook!

So the picture you see below, is a kind of herbal tea where all Chinese ought to drink from time to time. Lohan Guo With Longan and Winter-melon.
Luo han guo has long been a highly regarded ingredient in Traditional Chinese Medicine, being touted as a longevity fruit. Its well known health benefits include expelling “heatiness” from one’s body and combating chronic throat and respiratory ailments such as throat inflammation.

I added longan and  a few strips of winter-melon slice to enhance not only the taste of this herbal tea, but also creating interesting bites while having the drink.  *munch munch munch*



I learned to fold the water-lily napkin from You-Tube, which turned out to be really attractive on the dining set.



For my main dish, I chose to cook Fish Congee. Or, normally known as Fish Porridge. I love congee, absolutely one of my favourites apart from noodles. Mom is always an expert in making this as my dad is a big fan! Mom cooks congee the Teochew way.



As for my side dish, I cooked Steamed Tofu with Mushroom and Chicken. 
This is one of my favourite dish as well. Mom used to cook this often for dinner. A simple yet delicious dish. Healthy as well. :D



Owkayyy. So this is my table setting.



I made use of my Wushu Fan to adorn the menu table.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Aly's Blog © 2014