Friday 22 August 2014

Stop Worrying. Live Your Life.

Friday 22 August 2014
    Homesick to such a great extent that I sobbed bitterly under my blankets last night. Not just missing my family, I miss my boyfriend too. I wonder why am I such a cry baby.

   It has been approximately 3 months since I left home for a new semester in college, although I get to fly back with AirAsia (thank you for the low fares at times) 4 times a year, while some of my friends studying overseas only meet their families once a year, I am still stuck in a homesick misery.

    I am always a loner here in college. It seems like I could not find a niche in this sick place. I know I sounded pessimistic, truth is lonely people tend to interpret situations more negatively. I used to try so hard to fit in, I tried to please every single soul until one day I realized it is time to stop being silly. Whoever likes me, they will; whoever doesn't, they will not even if I offer them the whole world. It is not possible to please everyone, no matter what you do or what you try or how nice you are to them.

    But the Bible says you don't need to please everybody. "It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you." (Proverbs 29:25 LB). It's an emotional trap when you start worrying about what other people think. For instance, there was once I rejected a dinner invitation from a friend just because I was worried about what would my other friends think about me because they weren't invited. And it turned out, they went out without asking me either. Oh that was so foolish of me!

    Even God can't please everybody. This person prays for rain over Kuching city, the other person prays for a sunny weather because she wants to go to the beach, then another prays for rain in the morning and sun in the afternoon. See? Even God can't please everybody.  Only a fool would try to do what even God can't do.

    I am trying to dislodge the worries and over-concern I have for other people.  After all this is my life, and if I do not make it a colorful one, who else would paint it bright for me?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aly's Blog © 2014