Friday 28 November 2014

No Sweat DIY Hand Painted Mini Journals

Friday 28 November 2014
It has been almost 5 years since I last painted something with watercolor. To be honest, I don't think I have the artist blood running in my veins. Some people can just draw whatever and whoever they see or images that bloom in the realm of their imaginations, but I CAN'T ugh! I need samples, or better still, step-by-step tutorials lol.

So today, I created hand painted mini journals for kids after referring to a few watercolor art samples from Pinterest. It was amazingly easy and effortless!

kids journal
Prepare enough papers for kids to write on them. Lined papers, blank papers, colored papers, it's your choice.

kids journal
For my case, I wanted my journals to be mini in size so I cut them into half. 

kids journal
Now, prepare the cover page for your journals.

kids journal
I used a calligraphy pen to create that artsy feel LOL but it is not necessary. You can just write in your own choice of font with pens, magic pens, or even print them out.

kids journal
There’s nothing more fun than blending with watercolor! With blending, you can get an extraordinary range of saturation and tone. You can start an area with a rich amount of pigment, and as you add more water, it will eventually blend into delicate and soft tones. 

watercolor journal
Punch a hole on the upper left corner of your journal then tie them neatly with a ribbon.  TADA! 

Summary of things you'll need:

  • Papers
  • Pen Knife
  • Watercolor
  • Watercolor brush
  • Pens/ Calligraphy pens/ Magic Pens
  • Hole Puncher
  • Ribbons



No comments:

Post a Comment

Aly's Blog © 2014